Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bite

The day rolls over and blows me far seawards
Where the roiling ocean eats me alive
And cloud-demons shout in my face.

Have I entered the rabid circle?
Have you abandoned me too, sir?
I can only burn like hateful poppies and tar.

Silken memory of what almost was
Ravages my last fragment of sanity;
Sustaining myself vainly with chaos & guilt.

O at long last the western winds have blown up,
My zippo gleaming, shining and ready
Like a pyre in the sun, mocking my cowardly heart.

Here I stand like a ragged ghost in the rain:
I, Slim-Wrack Beggar stand and watch as even Klingsor
Leaves me alone to my work, & my fallen star junk-heaps.

Deliver me to the wretched mouth of God!
For my wings are leaden and my lost soul
Cannot fathom one more fucking year of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment