Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mournful Query


Where was I standing
If in dreaming, every desire was lost
on you?

Sult of swarming foam and balance
attributed to upheavals
winding
and
wistfully
calling to your summer heart.

There where the night came in
I embraced your fragile shadow
and tried to lead you through my war.

But O how the dawn would rip
spasmadically across
blue love-dreams
of feathers and wine,
those brilliant dawns of ours
now shining memoirs.

What I gave to you
You still own.
And I, sunny and sad,
was always just a memory that you
could put away in your rainy-day box of time.

Lost before we met,
In a song that plays forever
In the very oldest part
Of my pulsing brain.

Where was I standing,
from what platform did my back arch sullenly
and weakly?
Through what vibrant fires jeweled and brightly flaming
down the long yesterdays of
timid loss
Did I walk through to find you?

For you I sang louder and more bravely than before-
every atom rising within and
forming a whole golden thunder
named and conquered for you.
As red dawns heaved
and my ribs caved in
My voice was finally ransacked like
Bullets and time.

From what high mountain
does one need to sing
So that such a distant bird,
Shall hear such earnest, burning wilderness?

No comments:

Post a Comment