Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tango Twilight Blue


Under a shift of sun

and planets wobbly and weak

The backwood fires are lit:



Call me Tango Blue.



I erupt in light and seek the solitude of days,

Every wish just a pebble roiled by the ocean's churn.



Nights will bleed the true sap of the soul

measured in magic increments

Til pride concedes to visionary confession.

Here is where my sea-shoulder glimmers under firefly light,

and here is where the wafted voice of the evening shudder comes:



Tango Evening, Tango Blue -

Tango Blue Stars, Tango Eye,

Seek your worldly dance inside this magic glass

of suns and water and time.



Before I lay my head to sleep in lily twilight blooms:

Safe birds calling to me as Venus shines:

Tango Blue, Tango Blue, Tango Twilight Blue!



After the weaver-bird skips my soul like a warm stone across the sea,

I wholly ordain myself and without permission, Tango Twilight Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment