Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Haunted

In dreams broken bells trickle down:

"It's over, you failed."

Winds surge forth from the banks

and stir and toss all sound.



Ghosted, I hold my hands at night to a ghastly skull

filled with mystery and memorys.



The storm is unrelenting

The free fall never ends



As I die calling to you every morning

and walk thru haunted days, a ghost

That no one sees-



except you.



Your eyes burned the back of my neck today

as a papery flower fluttered off my desk,

I turned to greet the windy storm

And I felt you walk right through me,

I heard the ocean & I smelled lilacs ;

and felt a hundred butterflys dancing in my veins.





You've returned for me at last.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog, CK!

    I haven't read all the poems yet but I especially like this one, "Haunted".

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming by my freind. Great to "see" you. ((((((((diane))))))))))

    :-)

    ReplyDelete