Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer Dance


I.
All through my veins the warmth exists

the magic life of nectar & the buzz in the trees,

the orioles in flight, these summer sweets we seek.



My oldest dreams, still alive in the waterways of my heart-

Our blue days seek lullabye equations

sought still throughout the dormant days

and the terrible ice of the gray winter.



Wander'd and twisted in sandy foam, I see you kneeling,

kissing the Earth's rim on fire with the sounds

of my desires drowning wildly and free

in their secret blue tides of a beautiful destiny,

This chance encounter, this feathered introduction,

mirrored in the trembling walls of diamonds

and shadow swaying under Venus,

under wet spring branches, cool & vibrant in the shadows

where you will dream me again, for the first time.

.

II.
From the top of the stairs I see my

pale face in the mirror resound with sadness and love,

a twinkling of Gaelic grey and a summoning of Choctaw spirits

enraptured at the sound of this spinning blue planet-

What magic words did our mouths muffle to the black of night

in the dream I've forgotten but crave endlessly through eternal suffering?



Surrender your heart to the summer night,

small dark bats dance a whimsical flight

All mouths crave the tender fruits of night

seen through the crosshairs of love's first sight.



III.
When the strongest beast rises in the sky between summer & spring,

Once again this prophecy, our magic words will echo and ring:



Drift of green days spun slow and wanton,

this abandoned horizon singing lost hymns

to your blue stars twinkling their sorrow-lites

of compass'd glow, Our summer dance awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment