Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Firefly

You said I was mystic

singing vodka hymns 'neath Orion

with the dark Earth

on my hands

and the four winds in my hair.



Remembering you, I seek your voice beneath the

moon's every phase.



I have followed your voice on the winds

so long,

so long.



Come home again inside the drifting

circle of another year

where our tender twilight time awaits.



You'll know I am around

as the evening grows cool and magic lites

appear upon the beach plums

where I wait for you.



Come home to my heart;

within this mystic circle

We made so long ago,

so that we may burn up the world,

burn down,

burn away,

burn blissful evenings asleep

burn with love and time,

O when the fireflys float and blend

with sweet summer

evenings,

let me burn up like Heaven and Earth

in those

long-lost arms forever

again.

No comments:

Post a Comment