Saturday, June 5, 2010

Deviled Egg Dip With Toasted Olive Oil Pita

Sea Kane's Rainy Saturday Snack Recipe:

Deviled Egg Dip with toasted pita wedges. :)

I very rarely post anything other than my poems but this is so good I want to share.

OK, we all know how to make deviled eggs, right?

Ssssssssorta like that but with like, a little twist.

I boiled 4 large eggs and while they were boiling I prepared the dressing for my Deviled Egg Salad Dip. Its gonna be quite devilish. ;-)

(Measurements, I have no idea I just really wing it with stuff like this. Good luck, lol.)

In a medium sized bowl:

Bit of mayo

Bit of dijon mustard

dash salt

dash garlic powder

6 bread and butter(sweet) pickle chunks/chips diced

a small little hunk of a vidalia onion diced very fine

half of a small container of feta crumbled cheese

a half of a small can of sliced black olives diced

a smidgen of fresh dill crushed and diced fine

dash of paprika

a good dose of fresh cracked black pepper

dash of chili powder

dash of sugar

Mix it all up really well.

Now run cold water over eggs for a few minutes & peel the eggs and mash em all up in the dressing. If you were making deviled eggs youd just mash up the yolks then put the mixture back in the whites. But we aint doing that. Its even better this way trust me.

Cover with plastic warap and put it in fridge for hour or so.

Now just cut a couple pita pockets in wedges and brush with some EVOO. (x vir olive oil)

A dash of garlic or onion powder can be dusted over the oiled wedges now if desired.

Toast in oven til crispy and voila.

Dip away. Yum. Even more yum with a nice freeezing cold diet pepsi in my frozen mug.

:) Let me know how you liked it if you try it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment